InvitroCue Convenes Scientific and Medical Advisory Board
May 20, 2016 – InvitroCue (ASX:IVQ), a leader in advanced bio-analytics, has today announced the appointment of leading experts to its newly formed Scientific and Medical Advisory Board (“SAB”). The SAB will guide the company in a broad range of activities including in vitro cell-based assays, patient-derived organoids, digital pathology and medical imaging.
“We are thrilled to have attracted such high profile advisors to our Scientific Advisory Board,” said Dr. Steven Fang, Executive Director of InvitroCue. “This is a clear endorsement of our unique technologies to disrupt in vitro testing and pathology markets. 2016 will be a period of rapid growth for InvitroCue as we expand our products and services into the global market. Having access to some of the brightest scientific and biomedical minds in the industry will ensure we remain best-in-class in our ongoing pursuit of revolutionary new science and technology, while providing access to their extensive industry networks.”
“Importantly, the formation of our SAB serves as a strong demonstration of the kind of support we are receiving from the scientific and medical community for our unique technologies,” said Professor Hanry Yu, Non-Executive Director and Scientific Mentor and Advisor, who recently received the A*STAR Scientist-Entrepreneur Award.
The InvitroCue Scientific Advisory and Medical Board includes:
- Professor Alex MATTER MD – Chief Executive Officer at Experimental Therapeutics Centre and D3, A*STAR Singapore; Emeritus Professor of Medical Faculty at the University of Basel; Honorary Adjunct Professor of Yong Loo School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. Professor Matter brings decades of experience in drug discovery and development in large pharmaceutical companies.
- Professor Joseph King-Tak LEE MD FACR – Recent Chair and presently Distinguished Professor of Radiology at the University of North Carolina; Visiting Professor in the Department of Diagnostics Imaging at the National University of Singapore and Hong Kong University. Professor Lee, a pioneer in body Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging, provides new insight in interdisciplinary fields of biomedical imaging, functional imaging and advancements in imaging biomarkers.
- Professor Simon CROFT BSC PGCE PHD FRSB – Professor of Parasitology, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Professor Croft has extensive experience and knowledge in antimicrobial and antiprotozoal therapies, and supports the adoption of in vitro experimental models for drug discovery and development for infectious diseases.
- Professor Shervanthi HOMER-VANNIASINKAM BSC MBBS MD FRCSEd FRCS – Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Leeds University Teaching Hospitals; Founding Professor of Surgery, Warwick University; Professor of Engineering & Surgery, University College London. Professor Homer brings curated knowledge of patient-derived xenografts and organoids.
- Associate Professor Soo Yong TAN MBBS FRCPath DMJ DPhil – Head of the Department of Pathology, National University Hospital and Yong Loo School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. Professor Tan provides valuable insights on histopathology practices and tissue biorepository laboratories in emerging markets.
– ENDS –
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Gregorowski, Citadel-MAGNUS
T: +61 2 8234 0100
InvitroCue is an Australian-based biotechnology and life science services company. The Company focuses on the commercialisation of its analytics services using cell-based model and imaging based technology. Its cell-based services enable pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies to refine their drug, ingredient, compound or vaccine discovery efforts. Its digital pathology business offers solutions, including slide scanning and digitisation; image analytics of tissues and cell samples; pathology consultation with board certified pathologists, and telepathology via an online Web-based portal. It provides products and services in the field of in vitro drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK), in vitro toxicology and digital pathology utilizing cell-based models and analytics. It offers image analytics services for liver disease applications.
InvitroCue’s technology originated in Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). InvitroCue has been developed and validated in collaborations with leading pharmaceutical companies and scientific collaborators.
InvitroCue currently operates in Singapore and China and is listed on Australian Securities Exchange under the ticker IVQ. Website: www.invitrocue.com